Very limited stock Winery: TSANGARIDES Varietal Composition: Muscat of Alexandreia 100%. A wine of bright gold colour....
On the Island of Original Love
our exotic & finest selection
Legend has it that earliest wine making can be tracked to 7000BC in China. Wine in the modern form is more believed to be originated from the Mediterranean region around 5000-6000BC. Archaeological evidences were discovered in Georgia, and Italy.
In fact, the earliest wine making in Cyprus can be traced to more than 5500 years ago, even earlier than that in Greece.
The uniqueness we wish to bring to you is the characteristics of our wines.
Varieties of Grapes:
• Xynisteri - the most important variety in Cyprus which white grape gives exceptionally light white wines.
• Maratheftiko or Vamvakaki - major category of red grape variety that gives wines with great aging potential.
• Black - this red variety of grapes thrives on all soils from the most barren giving generally neutral wines. It covers 60% of the Cypriot vineyard.
• Eyed Red grape - has a small production variety. Wines from this variety of grapes are suitable for aging.
• Yiannoudi a variety of red grapes, but it’s planted to a limited extent.
• Promara – a very rare white grape
• Lefkada – new red variety which was introduced just a few decades ago.
Our wine is certainly not the first wine you have drunk. But we bring to you something different that you would not mind to give it a try.
Our wines are sourced exclusively from Cyprus – the island country stands in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, not far from France, Italy and Greece. While these countries are best known wine regions and very much viewed as the ‘standard of old world wines’, Cyprus wine is a hidden gem among the shining diamonds - To be more specific: a rare precious gem.
Cyprus is one of the places where earliest wine making was known - probably earlier than its better known neighbours.
Cyprus wines are brewed mostly by families scattered in the hills across the island.
our heartily advice
keep it cool
our answers to your questions
Our wines are fermented and aged in the Troodos mountains of Cyprus, an unique location for wine. Cyprus is one of the earliest place where wine making was perfected millenniums ago. Some of the wineries in Cyprus have been in continuous use for a few hundred years. Cyprus has a few unique indigenous grapes which is not found anywhere else in the world. Cyprus wines are as old as the most popular old-world wines. It is as fresh as charming as the new-world wines. Our wines are unique, exotic and certainly worthy of a taste.
They taste great! As we all know, it is hard to describe a wine’s taste and aroma: nutty, spicy, sweet, dry, fullness…we have a variety that offers to give you all such experience. The only way to appreciate a wine is to drink it.
Not all wines can be kept for long term without running the risk of quality deterioration. Please read about the characteristics of each wine when you select.
according to the law
our humble request